This page may contain affiliate links, which means if you click on a link and make a purchase, I may make a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Circuit – Low impact
Warm-up/Cool Down March in place 2-3 minutes
(45 second on with 15 second break)
- Air Squats – knees stay over ankles going as low as you can. Keeping weight evenly distributed through sides of feet.
- Shoulder front raises – lift arms parallel to floor to shoulder height and slowly lower down. You can add can of soup (or whatever you have) if easy & that will add just under a pound.
- Standing Knee Lifts – emphasis on lifting knees high while pulling the belly button into spine.
- Forward lunge Alternating – Step right leg forward coming down to about 90 degrees with front leg making sure toes are not going past the knee. Repeat with other leg.
- Bicep curls – holding cans of whatever (i.e. green beans or soup) palms up. Curl arms up and slowly lower down moving only at the elbow.
- Crunches – Lay on floor, lower body has bent knees with feet flat on the floor, Hands behind head, but making sure you are not pulling on neck, keeping space between your chin and chest.
- Bridging – laying on floor. Knees bent with feet flat on floor. Lift hips as high as you can thinking about squeezing you butt.
- Modified Push-ups – roll on stomach and distribute weight between knees and hands. Keeping neck in a straight position. Slowly lower down and then lift back up.
- Bird Dog – on Hands & knees with hands under shoulders and knees under hips. Lift right arm and left leg. Pull knee and elbow into trying to touch them without losing balance and then repeat on other side
- Side lying leg lifts - roll on to side. Laying relatively straight (legs can be a little in front of midline for balance) lift top leg up and slowly lower down. Thinking about lifting with the side of your hip and not pulling the leg forward (Repeat for another minute on other side).
- Arm Circles – Sitting with legs however they are comfortable and put arms straight out and do small circles without lowering the arms the whole time.
- Plank - roll onto stomach and lift onto toes and elbows. Keeping back as flat as you can. You may not be able to start with 45 seconds. (I know post baby I started at 20 seconds) Start wherever you are and rest if you can do another one in the 45 seconds great if not work towards adding another second to your hold the next time you do the circuit.